Urban Legends & Myths to Detox for a Drug TestGay
There are many urban legends, drug test myths, false facts and ‘simple tricks’ which have been resurfacing for years on ways to pass a drug test. These seem to be most often told to you casually by friends and other “experts” or on websites & blogs on options to pass a drug test, and everybody is an expert when it comes to how to pass a urine drug test. Urban legends like “just drink a lot of water” or “just place something in your urine” to help to pass a drug test are well known, and you should understand that the drug tests these days have been developed to expose these quick-fixes. These urban legends just won’t die and like most false facts have lead many a person to failure when they desperately need to pass a drug test.
Some Drug Test Myths to Pass a Urine Drug Test
- Drinking lots of water to dilute your urine
- The Gold Seal rumor has been around forever & just won’t turn up it’s toes
- Drink loads of Cranberry Juice
- Take Niacin
- Put Bleach, Visine, Ammonia, vinegar or Drano In Your Urine
. . . and there are many many more.
Lets think logically about these suggestions… If you know these tips, then the drug testers also know the tips and each different type of drug test have been developed to deal with them. The people who conduct urine drug tests have seen it all, and some. The tests and testing methods have been adjusted to compensate for these tricks. Like everything else, technology moves forward.
Many of the urban legends & false facts are driven by people who to sell you some product or maybe by well intentioned people that do not understand the drug testing process or the tips that work to help you pass a drug test. Don’t fall for these false tips to pass a drug test just to save a few dollars. Learn, understand and trust the science. Knowledge is your best friend when it comes to passing a drug test.
Common Tips to Pass a Drug Test (which do not work)
Increased drug testing has led to an increase in the various ways that people are trying to trick a drug test. This has ensured the continual resurfacing of a number of urban legends and false facts, some new and some old. Lets take a look at some of these, with the understanding that there is no absolute in drug testing.
- Sample Substitution has become popular with synthetic urine, drug free urine and a wide range of adulterants available on the internet and over-the counter. Some can be very effective, but many are of dubious value and can be easily detectable. They require controlling the temperature of the urine to a normal level of between 90 and 100 degrees. They tend not to have the tell tail bubbles on top of the urine and may not have the smell of urine which may alert the testers if these smell the sample. You may want to seriously consider using these methods for any government or legally required drug test as it could end you up in trouble.
- Substitute with somebody else’s urine. If you decide to try this method, you would be wise to test the other persons urine before you use it. Did you know that there are hundreds of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and even food that will cause you to fail your drug test? General health can also contribute. Contrary to what the testers may admit, you really can fail a drug test by eating bread with poppy seeds in it (it happened to me personally). This is called a False Positive Drug Test.
- Question: Do you really know what that other person could be taking or has eaten before giving you his sample? Did you know if you fail is up to you to prove you innocence?
- Question: Did you know that Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease can give you a false positive to THC on a urine drug test?
Masking methods are used to pass a drug test by masking or hiding the drug of worry. Most household substances (such as bleach or vinegar) will radically alter the pH of your urine, which will make it obvious that you have tampered with your urine. These options will not help you to pass a drug test, rather will easily give you a fail.
Products To Avoid & Things You Should Know
- Goldseal / Goldenseal was never a really reliable or effective way of helping anyone pass a urine drug test. No one knows where this urban legend started. From what we can find in our research, science just does not support this in any way.
- Taking Aspirin – High dosages of Aspirin taken before your test may sometimes cover THC by creating a false negative. This only under optimum circumstances, only for the dip test and not for the more comprehensive laboratory tests.
- Adding Bleach – Bleach is another adulterant that routinely used to pass a urine drug test. Bleach will change the pH to the point you should be dead and bleach can easily be smelled. Drinking bleach will blind you and maybe even kill you. There is no reason to have bleach (chlorine) in you urine other than trying to pass a drug test.
- Niacin – This myth seems to have started as a result of a book written in the ’70s by L. Ron Hubbard, called ‘Clear Body, Clear Mind’. In his book, Hubbard (who did not have any medical or nutritional training) laid out a detox program that he claimed would help people get rid of all the toxins in their bodies, including prescription and non-prescription drugs and pesticides. Niacin was one of the things he recommended. At some point in time, someone probably just thought Niacin = Detox = Pass a drug test, and the legend began. From what we have researched, Niacin can cause lots of unwanted side affects including rapid heartbeat, nausea & vomiting, abdominal pain & liver damage.
- Drinking Lots Of Water – There is little doubt you’ve heard that dilution can help pass a drug test (urine). It is true that it will help remove metabolites from your blood for a short period of time, but drinking lots of water will not remove the metabolites from your fat. Over time your blood & urine will become recontaminated from the metabolites in your fat. By overloading your kidneys with water in a short time frame, you will only dilute your urine to the point where there are not enough metabolites to register on a drug test which will give you a fail. This also flushes key natural ingredients from your system that are typically checked for in a urine drug test. Visually your urine should not be clear, of a strong or unusual color, or have any off odors. These markers are obvious to the trained individual. If they see any of these markers they will surely be suspicious and will probably add tests, reject your sample or find some way to fail you.
- Eating fruit, drinking caffeine, or using other diuretics by themselves are useless for passing a drug test. They are just not strong enough to do the job.
- Cranberry Juice — Cranberry is a mild diuretic. Somehow it’s reached a legendary status, but there’s nothing magical about cranberry juice. It is just another urban legend.
- Vinegar. The only thing vinegar does is change the pH of your urine. No one is sure how this one got started. It’s one more home remedy that’s totally useless for passing a drug test. Also, vinegar can decrease the pH of the urine and increase its acidity. This might accelerate the excretion of amphetamine metabolites from the fat cells in your body.
- Exercise. The aim for exercising is to reduce weight to decrease the stored fats in the body. Drug metabolites are stored in the fat cells and reducing weight will decrease the amount of fat stored in the body significantly. Losing weight (real weight, not just water weight from taking diuretics) helps you cut down on the amount of metabolites your body stores at any given time. The problem with this is that it takes a long time. The best way to use exercise in order to pass a drug test is to maintain a regular work out to reduce weight.
- Secondhand Smoke: Will you fail? Absolutely Not – Well Maybe – Absolutely…?? The cut off levels for drug detection are said to be set high enough not to cause a failure for second hand smoke. Will you pass? It depends on how long and what concentration of smoke is in the environment at the time the subject is exposed. The jury on this on this our so the best advice is don’t risk.